[Update – March 24th, 2017]
This guide now reflects the launch of Price Extensions on all devices & its compatibility with 23 additional languages and currencies! Only the latest and greatest on the AdHawk Blog 🤗
It’s time to celebrate! Google added another ad extension to your advertising arsenal – Price Extensions.
I assume you don’t have a grizzly bear or spare cash to toss around, so let’s celebrate the next best way: learning how you can start leveraging Price Extensions for your business.
First, here’s a look at the 7th manual ad extension.
What are Price Extensions?
Price Extensions are extra snippets of information about your specific products or services that can be added to your AdWords text ads. Price extensions bring your specific offerings to the surface of the SERPs page and even provide links that take a user directly to your product, reducing the amount of friction between discovery and conversion. Like all ad extensions, Price Extensions can be added to your existing text ads. Here’s are some examples of Price Extensions on Mobile and Desktop in the wild:
Challenge: Can you name all the extensions on the mobile screenshot?
uoᴉsuǝʇxǝ pǝddᴉus pǝɹnʇɔnɹʇs ‘uoᴉsuǝʇxǝ uoᴉʇɐɔol ‘uoᴉsuǝʇxǝ ǝɔᴉɹd ‘uoᴉsuǝʇxǝ ʇnollɐɔ ‘pɐ ʇxǝʇ pǝpuɐdxǝ ‘puɐɹq-uou :ɹǝʍsu∀
What else do we know about Price Extensions?
- Price Extensions were beta-tested in English and $USD and are now publicly available in 24 languages and currencies (view all)
- Price Extensions will only show in ad position #1. This places massive importance on achieving that #1 ad position
- Price Extensions can help you dominate 100% of screen real-estate when used with other ad extensions. Did you see that mobile example above?
- You will be able to add 3-8 rows of products and services across 9 different categories
- The layout for each product or services is as such:
[25 Char Header] – [25 Char Description] – $[Price]
- The description may get cut off with an elipses (…) or may not show at all depending on screen size
- Price extensions CAN be used in conjunction with other ad extensions except sitelink extensions
*Smart Tip* Use Price Extensions in conjunction with Call Extensions and Location Extensions to generate calls and visits from highly qualified, ready to buy clients. These clicks come equipped with transparent pricing knowledge and are ready to buy!
9 Types of Price Extensions
- Product Tiers: Showcase your different pricing plans or product types with titles, descriptions, and price
Standard – Less than 10 employees
Pro – Our most popular plan
Enterprise – 100 employees or more
- Services: Give a list of all services offered
Teeth Cleaning – Stop putting this off – $49
Teeth Whitening – Look better – $99
Root Canal – Hate yourself less soon – $A Bunch
- Service Categories: provide multiple disciplines or services? List them all:
Web Design – We build your website – $Arm
SEO – We use magic – $Leg
Marketing – We’ll bring people to you – $Soul
- Service tiers: Showcase different prices for the different levels of service you provide
- Brands: Header is a brand name you own with a description that provides additional information about the brand
- Events: The header and description must include 2 of the following: date, location, type, or performer
- Location: The header must be a location and the description must provide additional details about the location and its relevance to your business
- Neighborhoods: The header needs to be a sub-region or district within a city or region.
- Product Categories: List the different types of products you offer
What NOT to do with Price Extensions
- Do not include price or promo information (ie. “Sale” “We the best”) in the Title or Description. The extension will not pass Google’s review process.
- Do not use “Irrelevant” headers and descriptions (quote via Google)
- Repetitive information in Header & Description
How to set up a Price Extension in AdWords:
- Select the Account, Campaign, or Ad Group you would like to add the Price Extension to
- Click the tab
- Click the dropdown menu & select
- Click the button
- Click under the white box
- Input relevant data around currency, type, language, and price qualifier
- Choose 3-8 products or services to feature. Each product or “row” requires: <25 character title, <25 character description, price, and destination URL*Smart Tip* Use a dedicated URL for each product. Clicks on these will be high-intent-to-buy, so you’ll want to reduce as much friction as possible
Would love to hear how you’ll be leveraging price extensions for your business and/or your clients. Let us know below!
Looking for more? Check out our complete guide to Adwords Ad Extensions.