DNS is sexy.
These are words you may have never associated with each other, yet it’s a statement that’s out there on thousands of t-shirts and one that helped Kyle York, Chief Strategy Officer at Dyn, market his company on a viral level in the B2B Community.
Above: Kyle York donning the “DNS is sexy” shirt that helped catapult Dyn to success.
While many businesses fight for growth in cities like New York (guilty), San Francisco, Austin, or other tech hubs, Dyn has managed to grow into a major player from its humble headquarters in New Hampshire.
In our inaugural episode of Opt-In!, host Dan Pratt sits down with Kyle to talk about how he led Dyn’s marketing and sales efforts to millions of dollars in revenue, hundreds of employees, and a $38 million Series A round of funding.
On this episode of the Opt-In! podcast, you’ll learn:
- What college parties and football can teach you about marketing and sales
- How a tech startup doesn’t have to be in a big tech center like San Francisco or New York
- The importance of focusing on brand identity and brand relevancy
- Kyle’s Website – https://york.ie
- Dyn – https://dyn.com/
- Kyle’s Twitter – @
- Kyle’s Blog Post – How I Scored an Easy A in College & Got Valuable Advice to Live By
- Book: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill PDF
- Book: Don’t Send a Resume by Jeffrey J. Fox
- Book: The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz